Right to Object: You have a legal right to object at any time to:
(i) use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes; and
(ii) processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests, unless there are compelling legitimate ground for our continued processing.
Blakeney Search Limited (company number 10602217) ("Blakeney", "we", "us" or "our") is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us, or which we collect, via various channels (including our website, through written correspondence (including e-mail), conversations or meetings with our consultants, or through any of our offices or websites globally), is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information we collect
We will collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your Curriculum Vitae ("CV"). On occasion this will also include sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. When we receive your details and CV electronically, this may be through a direct application on one of our websites or an application that you have made through a third party job board.
We will likely obtain further personal information about you during the course of our relationship with you. This information may be obtained from you directly or from third parties, such as organisations to whom we have provided your CV and who have engaged with you as part of a job application.
How we use your Personal Information
We will hold, use and disclose your personal information, for our legitimate business purposes including:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities other than the specific role for which you have contacted us;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Before we do so, you will be given an option to opt-out of such communications and an option to unsubscribe will also be provided with each communication;
- to fulfill contractual obligations with our clients
The Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Information
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon in order to process personal information of clients and candidates are the following:
(a) Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract – in order to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a service to you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
(b) Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
(c) Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests - either we, or a third party, will need to process your personal data for the purposes of our (or a third party's) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, optimising our website and customer experience, informing you about our products and services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner;
(d) Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in a particular way. Clients - We disclose your personal information to clients who have vacancies for jobs in which you have expressed an interest and authorised your details to be submitted to the client.
Any queries, contact data controller at email@example.com